Manufacturing Services Team Leader
HOURS: ROTATING DAY/NOON SHIFT PATTERN - MONDAY TO FRIDAY
To lead and drive performance, identify and implement key improvements and ensure common practice is adopted and maintained. To be the champion of operational standards all around the Support Function and promote team development as a means to achieving goals and KPIs.
- To develop the Support Function capabilities and improve performance.
- To embed an ethos of Continuous Improvement using standardised business tools and techniques to achieve results.
- To establish and maintain good working relationships with key interfaces.
- To work in liaison with other Team Leaders to ensure a consistent management approach.
- To take full accountability for the performance in terms of Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Motivation and Environment (SQCDME).
- To ensure that downtime and wastage in all forms are minimised wherever possible.
- To ensure the consistent delivery of high quality service, prioritising First Time Quality.
- To ensure that all processes and procedures are followed through to completion.
- To ensure that all Company and departmental standards and guidelines are consistently adhered to within the Support Function including Health and Safety, Hygiene, PPE, housekeeping, handover processes etc.
- Provide a daily shift report containing key data in relation to people, plant and process.
- Provide a monthly progress summary report to cover people, process improvement and KPI’s.
- Control of rework stock movements between Departments.
- To engage with the team on performance and engender ownership of results.
- Ensure that standards of GMP are adhered to using the 6S programme.
- To understand, control and be responsible for the achievement of KPIs and ensuring that remedial actions are put in place where necessary and escalating issues to the Logistics Manager where required.
- Ensure that any non-conformances within the Support Function are dealt with and actions put in place to limit and/or prevent reoccurrence.
- The planning and organisation of the time, resources and workload of themselves and the team in the most efficient and cost effective manner.
- The management of the team members including recruitment, training and development, performance reviews, absence management, discipline and grievance.
- Carry out one to one meetings and job chats at designated intervals with each team member.
- To prepare and deliver departmental communication updates via scheduled Team briefs.
- To co-ordinate the delivery of training requirements.
- To ensure Agency colleagues are adequately trained for their required roles.
- To ensure there is adequate role flexibility within the team resulting in no skill shortages during holiday periods and sickness absence.
- To ensure that risk assessments for the relevant areas are in place and reviewed at pre-determined intervals or when changes are made to people, plant or process.
- To co-ordinate the daily/weekly shift manning plan in conjunction with fellow Team Leaders and Zone Coordinators.
- To co-ordinate the start-up of the shift in line with the required handover standards.
- Co-ordinate stock take preparation activity.
- To be aware of and adhere to all Company policies and procedures.
- To undertake any other associated duties which may occasionally arise.
Experience / Qualifications:
- ILM or equivalent management qualification.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in people management.
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of MS applications, in particular MS Excel.
- Good communication skills with the ability to relay information at a level relevant to the audience.
- Awareness and competence in the use of Movex, Marel, OEE and WHS stock system.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within the food industry.
- Experience of internal Supply Chain and Planning processes.
- HACCP trained.
- Experience of working safely around FLT’s.
As an employee of Ornua, you can expect to receive a competitive salary along with the following benefits:
Free Onsite Parking
31 Days holiday (pro-rata)
Subsidised Staff Canteen
Company Shop (offering discounts on products)
Sports & Social Club
Discount on Bikes and Tech Scheme
Confidential Employee Assist Programme
To apply please forward your covering letter and CV to:
Lindsey Heath, Internal Resourcing Specialist,
Ornua Foods, Sunnyhills Road, Leek, Staffordshire, ST13 5SP
Or email email@example.com