GRADE: COMPETITIVE PLUS BENEFITS
HOURS: CONTINENTAL SHIFTS 4 ON 4 OFF (2 DAYS/2NIGHTS)
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Multi Skilled Engineer to join our Engineering Department on site at Ornua Foods in Leek, Staffordshire.
As a Multi Skilled Engineer, you will maintain continuous production and improve efficiencies safely through effectively implementing preventative maintenance schedules and responding in a timely manner to breakdown repairs. Ensuring continuous improvement methodologies are applied is key to this role.
In order to be considered for this role you must have a relevant apprenticeship, electrical and mechanical qualifications (HNC) and FMCG experience.
You will be expected to work on a wide variety of equipment carrying out both reactive and planned preventative maintenance ideally from a food/FMCG environment.
You will be expected to fault find both mechanically and electrically with proven skills overlapping both areas. You will possess strong analytical skills with ability to break down and solve complex problems with a logical and structured approach.
Time served, you will have the ability to work to your own initiative and as part of a team with minimal supervision.
With a real can do attitude you will bring your individual difference while appreciating the diversity within the team, you will pay meticulous attention to detail, be able to prioritise your work and deal with high pressure situations.
You will have a relentless pace to driving your personal development, whether that be further developing your technical expertise or wanting to progress into leadership or project management roles.
• To ensure supervision and safe operating procedures for visiting contractors
• To maintain Health & Safety rules and regulations
• To identify potential hazards/risks to the Health & Safety Manager/responsible person upon discovery
• To ensure all PPM schedules are completed and developed using predictive and diagnostic maintenance techniques
• To initiate improvement plans in a pragmatic and proactive manner
• Undertake business development project work
• To assist the engineering department in achieving its budget targets through the efficient use of materials and replacement parts
• To follow the correct accounting/authorisation process when ordering replacement parts
• Maintain and improve standards of hygiene and housekeeping in all areas of the factory including the engineering office and workshop
• To undertake emergency breakdown repairs in a timely and efficient way on all production equipment and refrigeration plant
• To ensure you have received all the necessary training and development to enable you to work on all production/refrigeration equipment
• To assist in the installation of new equipment to the site
Key Tasks: (Maintenance & Repairs)
- Facilities refrigeration equipment
- Case erectors and sealers
- Metal detectors and checkweighers
- Vacuum sealing equipment
- Flow wrapping
- Pallet moving and wrapping equipment
- Slicing and grating equipment
- High speed volumetric weigh heads
- Bag makers
- Provide technical and behavioral coaching to peers, apprentices and front line production colleagues
- Be the technical resource for projects and technical specification’s
- Transfer best practice from previous organisations to further the development and performance of the engineering function
As an employee of Ornua, you can expect to receive a competitive salary along with the following benefits:
- Free Onsite Parking
- 31 Days’ Holiday (pro rata)
- Company Pension
- Subsidised Staff Canteen
- Company Shop (offering discounts on products)
- Sports & Social Club
- Staff Lottery
- Childcare Vouchers
- Discount on Bikes and Tech Scheme
- Confidential Employee Assist Programme
For any additional information on this role or to apply, please contact Lindsey Heath, Recruitment Specialist or send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com